Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Instructions

My 'how to instructions' are coming a long nicely. I have chosen to use a mix of both written text and screenshots in Microsoft PowerPoint to create how to instructions on accessing and contributing to my social media space.

Introduction page of my 'How to Instructions'
I have started with accessing my social media which is a Google Community - making sure they know how to log in. Then searching Mummy's Chat Room (my Google community) and joining. I am still to produce my instructions on posting, commenting, uploading links, videos and clips. I am also pondering on whether I will go into detail of +1's and sharing posts within discussion topics and with others.
I think it will be quite easy to follow.

I am really enjoying using a variety of technologies at the same time as I feel I am learning so much about new ones and those I have existing knowledge of. The most daunting thing this week was working out how to complete the peer review and making sure my work is in the right place at the right time for a peer to review it. I looked through the task 2 discussion forum and found a useful post there and also throughout the uploaded documents in the task 2 assessment area. Hoping all runs smooth on submit day!

I am enjoying reading and researching about the use of technology in classrooms and seeing what other peoples thoughts are. An article I found quite interesting eLearning Guild Research: What are the Benefits of Social Learning? outlines the benefits and uses of technology within social learning. A topic that attracts much debate - I think!

Back to working on my instructions and making sure I have covered all areas of the rubric!

No comments:

Post a Comment